Bremen seniors take SATs

Bremen seniors take SATs

Julius Perez, Echo reporter

You know what time of year it is! Yes it’s spooky season…but it’s also College Application month! 

This is the time of year when seniors glide through college sites and college fairs. Even though it’s a little different this year, students will still get the same opportunities to hunt for the college of their choice. 

Along with college applications are SATs. Due to the pandemic senior students were not able to take their SAT this spring but they were actually rescheduled for this fall. The SATs are now a graduation requirement and students must take them at Bremen in order to graduate. 

Senior students were given the opportunity to take the SAT on three different days. The days were: October 14, October 27, or in April with the junior students. The three different days gave students the opportunity to test when ready and allowed for better capacity rates for safety guidelines with the pandemic. 

Students also had the opportunity to prep or re-prep with the SAT Prep Crash Course. The SAT prep Crash Course took place for 3 weeks starting in late September. The SAT prep gave students the opportunity to prepare and become more familiarized in Reading & Language, Writing, and Math, which are all skills that students most know for the SAT. 

The SAT prep was held remotely through google meets on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Mrs. Yunker, Mrs. Dwyer, and Mr. Welbourne helped greatly to provide and prepare senior students with skills and understanding for their SAT test. The SAT test was held in different classrooms to provide for a safe and healthy environment. 

Although many colleges are scrapping SAT scores for the 2021-22 school year, it is still important to take them because it helps with scholarship opportunities and helps open doors to many opportunities in your future!